Friday, December 25, 2009

Cell Biology I


1.The first discovered living cell was
1) Cell of Quercus suber 2) Prokaryote
3) RBC 4) Protozoan cell
2.The microscope with high resolution is
1) Phase contrast Microscope 2) Flurescence Microscope
3) Compound Microscope 4) Electron Microscope
3.The cell wall material distributed in all the three layers of cell wall is
1) Cellulose 2) Hemicellulose 3) Cutin 4) Pectin
4.Match the following
List – I List – II A B C D
A) Micrographia I) Dujardin 1) III V IV I
B) Cell theory II) Corti 2) V III IV II
C) Cell lineage theory III)Robert Hooke 3) III IV II I
D) Sarcode IV)R. Vircho 4) III V IV II
V)Schleiden

5.[A]: Flurescence microscope is a light microscope
[R]: Visible light is used to observe the object
1) Both A and R are true and R is the correct explanation of A
2) Both A and R are true but R is not the correct explanation of A
3) A is true but R is false 4) A is false but R is true
6.Cell walls of isolated cells lack
1) Primary wall 2) Secondary wall 3) Middle lamellum 4) Pits
7.Torus is thickened portion of
1) Primary wall 2) Secondary wall
3) Middle lamellum 4) Middle lamellum of Pit region
8.Cell wall material not deposited by intussusception is
1) Pectin 2) Lignin 3) Cutin 4) Cellulose
9.Cellulose forms the frame work of
I. Middle lamellum II. Primary wall III. Secondary wall
1) I and II 2) II and III 3) only II 4) I, II, III

No comments: