1.The statement that protoplasm as active centre for various biological processes was given by
1) Dujardin 2) Corti 3) Purkinje 4) Von Mohl
2 [A]: Protoplasm shows Brownian movement
[R]: It has about 85 – 90% of water
1) Both A and R are true and R is the correct explanation of A
2) Both A and R are true but R is not the correct explanation of A
3) A is true but R is false 4) A is false but R is true
3. Choose the incorrect statement with respect to protoplasm
1) Polypeptides are most abundantly present organic compounds.
2) Protoplasm is coagulated at 60oC because it has 88% of water
3) When protoplasm is exposed to a light beam it reflects some of the light
4) The pH of protoplasm is sometimes 7.2
4. According to Trilamellar model
1) The plasma membrane has biprotein layer sandwitched between slices of lipids
2) Protein and lipid monolayers are alternately arranged
3) Protein and Lipid molecules are arranged in a total of 4 tiers
4) The thickness of each monolipid layer is 35Ao
5. Cytosol is devoid of
I. Enzymes II. Ribosomes III. Vacuoles
1) I and II 2) II and III 3) I and III 4) I, II, III
6. The double membrane bound cell organelles of typical eukaryotic plant cell are
I. Mitochondria II. Golgi complex III. Endoplasmic reticulum IV. Nucleus
1) I and II 2) II, III, IV 3) I and IV 4) All
7. [A]: Blue-Green algae do not have plastids
[R]: They lack photosynthetic pigments
1) Both A and R are true and R is the correct explanation of A
2) Both A and R are true but R is not the correct explanation of A
3) A is true but R is false 4) A is false but R is true
8. Endosperm of cereals has
I. Elaioplasts II. Aleuroplasts III. Amyloplasts IV. Chromoplasts
1) only III 2) I, II, III 3) II, III 4) All except I
9. According to Fluid Mosaic model, the matrix of cell membrane is mainly made of
1) Oligosaccharides 2) Proteins *3) Phosopholipids 4) Glycolipids
10. Match the following
List – I List – II A B C D
A) Sachs I) Trilamellar model 1) V IV III I
B) Schimper II) Fluid Mosaic Model 2) V III II I
C) Leeuwenhoek III) First discovered Plastids 3) IV V II III
D) Nicolson IV) The term plastid 4) V IV III II
V) Discovered Chloroplast
11. Study the following table and choose the correct combination
Structure of Chloroplast Character I Character II
I) Envelope Lacks pigments Transport of substances into cytosol
II) Storma CO2 assimilation Polypeptide synthesis
III) Thylakoid membrane Electron transport Proton transport
IV) Lumen Release of O2 Utilisation of CO2
1) I and II 2) II and III 3) III and IV 4) I, II, III
12. Arrange the following events in correct chronological order of their discovery
I. Trilamellar model II. Plastids III. Nucleus IV. Fluid Mosaic model
1) II, III, I, IV 2) III, II, I, IV 3) II, III, IV, I 4) III, II, IV, I
13.[A]: Chloroplasts are described as semiautonomous cell organelles
[R]: Green plastids have their own DNA and ribosomes and can synthesize all of their proteins
1) Both A and R are true and R is the correct explanation of A
2) Both A and R are true but R is not the correct explanation of A
3) A is true but R is false
4) A is false but R is true
Friday, December 25, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment