1. [A] : Loranthus has ategmic ovules.
[R] : Integuments are absent only in partial parasites.
1) Both A and R are true and R is the correct explanation of A
2) Both A and R are true but R is not the correct explanation of A
*3) A is true but R is false 4) A is false but R is true
2. Arrange the following parts of ovule from anterior to posterior
i) Chalaza ii) Nucellus iii) Funiculus iv) Hilum
1) ii, iv, i, iii 2) iii, iv, i, ii *3) ii, i, iv, iii 4) iii, i, iv, ii
3. Micropyle and chalaza are not aligned on the same straight line in
i) Anatropous ovule ii) Amphitropous ovule
iii) Hemitropous ovule iv) Campylotropous ovule
1) i and ii 2) ii and iii 3) iii and iv *4) ii and iv
4. Circinotropous ovule is a/an
*1) Anatropous ovule with coiled funiculus 2) Orthotropous ovule with coiled funiculus
3) Anatropous ovule with coiled body 4) Amphitropous ovule with coiled funiculus
5. Raphe is very clearly seen in the ovules of
1) Asteraceae, Alismaceae 2) Plumbaginaceae, Polygonaceae
3) Cactaceae, Ranunculaceae *4) Cactaceae, Plumbaginaceae
6. Meiosis without cytokinesis is seen during megasporogenesis of
1) Polygonum 2) Allium *3) Fritillaria 4) Lilium
7. All the nuclei of embryosac do not have same genetic constitution in
i) Polygonum ii) Allium iii) Peparomia iv) Fritillaria
1) i, ii, iii 2) i, iii, iv *3) ii, iii, iv 4) i, ii, iv
8. Complete cell wall of megaspore mother cell behaves as cell wall of central cell in
1) Allium *2) Fritillaria 3) Plumbago 4) Polygonum
9. Pollen tubes are formed in the ovules of
1) Dicots 2) Monocots 3) Phanerogams *4) Gymnosperms
10. In an ovule of angiosperm, the pollen tube failed to enter into the embryosac. The most possible reason for this is
1) Removal of egg cell from the embryosac 2) Removal of antipodals from the embryosac
3) Removal of polar nuclei from the central cell *4) Removal of the two synergids
11. Horse-shoe shaped female gametophyte is seen in
*1) Alisma 2) Opuntia 3) Brassica 4) Polygonum
12. Identify the haploid pair
1) Egg cell, Archesporial cell 2) Polar nucleus, Secondary nucleus
3) Perisperm, Endosperm *4) Antipodal, Synergid
13. Arrange the following plants in a sequence of gradual increase in distance between the Funiculus and Micropyle of their ovules
i) Alisma ii) Tridax iii) Brassica iv) Ranunculus
*1) ii, i, iii, iv 2) iii, i, iv, ii 3) i, ii, iii, iv 4) i, iii, ii, iv
14. Embryosac of angiosperms is embedded in the
*1) Nucellus 2) Anther 3) Integument 4) Funiculus
15. Ebbryosac was first discovered in
1) Anatropous ovule *2) Orthotropous ovule
3) Campylotropous ovule 4) Amphitropous ovule
16. The most common type of ovule in Angiosperms is
1) orthotropous *2) Anatropous 3) Campylotropous 4) Amphitropous
17. Match the following
| | List – I | | List – II | | A | B | C | D |
| A) | Dikaryotic cell | i) | Endothecial cell | 1) | V | III | II | IV |
| B) | Cell that forms pollen tube | ii) | Epidermal cell | 2) | III | V | IV | I |
| C) | Cell that gives rise male gametes | iii) | Central cell | *3) | III | V | IV | II |
| D) | Cell that is part of stomium | iv) | Generative cell | 4) | III | I | II | V |
| | | v) | Vegetative cell | | | | | |
18. Upright ovule body is seen in
I. Orthotropous ovule II. Anatropous ovule
III. Circinotropous ovule IV. Hemitropous ovule
1) I and II 2) II and III 3) III and IV *4) I and III
19. In one of the following types of embryosacs all the nuclei of female gametophyte genetically resemble each other in all aspects.
1) Allium type *2) Polygonum type 3) Fritillaria type 4) Peparomia
20. Polygonum type of embryosac was first discovered by
*1) Strasburger 2) Nawaschin 3) Hofmeister 4) Nageli
21. Filiform apparatus is chemically made of
1) Cellulose, Proteins and Lipids *2) Cellulose and Pectin
3) Cellulose, pectin and Proteins 4) Proteins and Lipids
22. Match the following related to the Polygonum type of embryosac of angiosperms
| | List – I | | List – II | | A | B | C | D |
| A) | Cell lacks its own cell wall | i) | Antipodal | *1) | III | IV | II | I |
| B) | Two morphlogically similar cells | ii) | Egg cell | 2) | III | I | IV | II |
| C) | Cell involved in syngamy | iii) | Central cell | 3) | IV | III | I | II |
| D) | Ephemeral cell | iv) | Synergids | 4) | III | II | IV | I |
| | | v) | Vegetative cell | | | | | |
23. Cell A of embryosac nourishes the cell B of the same embryosac after fertilization. A and B are respectively
1) Synergid, egg cell *2) Central cell, egg cell 3) Synergid, central cell 4) Antipodal, egg cell
24. Cytokinesis lacking Meiosis is shown by the ovules of
1) Piper nigrum *2) Fritillaria 3) Allium 4) Polygonum
25. Nucellus shows enormous curvature in
1) Circinotropous ovule 2) Anatropous ovule *3) Amphitropous ovule 4) Hemitropous ovule
26. Match the following
| | List – I | | List – II | | A | B | C | D |
| A) | Ovules of Plant with syngenecious anthers | i) | Circinotropous | *1) | III | V | IV | I |
| B) | Ovules of plant with Tetradynamy | ii) | Hemitropous | 2) | III | V | IV | II |
| C) | Ovules of plant without sieve plates | iii) | Anatropous | 3) | IV | III | I | II |
| D) | Ovule of plant with green, succulent, flattened stem with areoles | iv) | Orthotropous | 4) | IV | V | II | I |
| | | v) | Campylotropous | | | | | |
1. Rhizome with flowers is seen in
1) Streptocarpus *2) Commelina 3) Gloriosa 4) Zingiber
2. Revolute stigmatic lobes are seen in plants with the following pollination contrivance
1) Sensitive stigmas *2) Safety mechanism 3) Heterostyly 4) Herkogamy
3. Mammals are involved in the cross pollination of
1) Bignonia *2) Kigelia 3) Cestrum 4) Aroids
4. Cross pollination in plants with simple spadix is best described as
*1) Malacophilous dicliny 2) Malacophilous monocliny
3) Ornithophilous dicliny 4) Chiropteriphilous dicliny
5. [A] : Streptocarpus has aerial cleistogamous flowers.
[R] : Chlistogamous flowers are always aerial.
1) Both A and R are true and R is the correct explanation of A
2) Both A and R are true but R is not the correct explanation of A
*3) A is true but R is false 4) A is false but R is true
6. Assertion : Abutilon shows cross pollination
Reason : The pollengrains of a flower of Abutilon cannot germinate on the stigma of same flower
*1) A and R are correct, R is the correct explanation of A
2) A and R are correct, R is not the correct explanation of A
3) A is correct, R is wrong 4) A is wrong, R is correct
7. Plant whose inflorescence has sympodial axis adnated to the stem with Amphiphloeic eustele has the following pollination contrivance.
1) Self sterillity 2) Dicliny *3) Dichogamy 4) Herkogamy
8. [A]: Cleistogamy is seen in Commelina
[R]: Closed flowers always show Autogamy
1) Both A and R are true and R is the correct explanation of A
2) Both A and R are true but R is not the correct explanation of A
*3) A is true but R is false 4) A is false but R is true
9. Diclinous and monoclinous flowers are seen in
1) I and II 2) II and III *3) I, II, III 4) I and III
10. Only xenogamy is shown by
*1) Cycas 2) Cocos 3) Ficus 4) Tridax
11. Self pollination is absent in
I. Smilax II. Ruscus III. Pisum
*1) I, II 2) I, II, III 3) II, III 4) only I
12. Stigmatic lobes are closed during the breakage of anthers in
*1) Martynia 2) Helianthus 3) Hibiscus 4) Abutilon
13. Match the following
| | Plant description | | Pollination contrivance | | A | B | C | D |
| A) | Plant whose leaf apex is modified into tendril | i | Heterostyly | 1) | II | III | I | V |
| B) | Plant with Axillary tendril | ii | Herkogamy | 2) | II | V | I | IV |
| C) | Plant in which stamens of three different heights are seen in different flowers | iii | Movement of floral parts | 3) | II | V | III | IV |
| D) | Plant with spinous leaf margins and ephermeral calyx | iv) | Autogamy | *4) | II | V | I | III |
| | | v) | Self sterility | | | | | |
14. Pollination is must for the formation of
1) Fruit 2) Embryo *3) Seed 4) Zygote
15. Pollination between genetically different plants of the same species is must in
1) Dolichos *2) Vallisneria 3) Ficus 4) Hibiscus
16. Abiotic agents are involved in cross pollination in
1) I and II 2) II and IV 3) III and I *4) II and III
17. Choose the correct statement
1) Argemone always carries out autogamy *2) Some species of Ranunculus are homogamous
3) Disc floret of Head shows only self pollination 4) Dolichos does not show self pollination
18. Self pollination is promoted during night time in
1) Tridax 2) Streptocarpus 3) Commelina *4) Argemone
19. Homogamous plant which does not show autogamy is
*1) Martynia 2) Clerodendron 3) Schrophularia 4) Oldenladia
20. The pollination contrivance in a plant with pseudobulb is
1) Pollen prepotency *2) Self sterility 3) Herkogamy 4) Dichogamy
21. Match the following
| | List – I | | List – II | | A | B | C | D |
| A) | Climber with horizontally growing underground stem | i) | Protogyny | *1) | IV | I | II | V |
| B) | Plant whose inflorescence with porous anthers appears as extraaxillary | ii) | Heterostyly | 2) | IV | V | III | II |
| C) | All species of the genus whose ovary has hemitropous ovules | iii) | Pollen prepotency | 3) | V | I | III | IV |
| D) | Tendrillar plant with petiolar nectaries | iv) | Herkogamy | 4) | IV | I | V | II |
| | | v) | Self sterility | | | | | |
22. Study the following table and choose the correct combination
| | | | |
| I) | Commelina | Dimorphic bisexual flowers | Underground cleistogamy |
| Ii) | Poinsettia | Dimorphic unisexual flowers | Bract nectaries |
| Iii) | Oxalis | Trimorphic bisexual flowers | Two types of modified stems for vegetative reproduction |
| iv) | Amorphophallus | Trimorphic unisexual flowers | Malacophilous |
1) I and III 2) I, II, IV 3) II, III, IV *4) I, II, III, IV
23. [A]: Yucca shows animal specific allogamy
[R]: Yucca has panicle
1) Both A and R are true and R is the correct explanation of A
*2) Both A and R are true but R is not the correct explanation of A
3) A is true but R is false 4) A is false but R is true
24. Style is bent perpendicularly on the ovary to avoid self pollination in
*1) Gloriosa 2) Hibiscus 3) Datura 4) Tridax
25. Abutilon shows
I. Mechanical self incompatibility II. Self incompatibility favored by time
III. Phisiological cross compatibility IV. Pollinator self incompatibility
1) I and IV 2) only II and III *3) All except IV 4) All
| 1 | 2 | 2 | 2 | 3 | 2 | 4 | 1 | 5 | 3 | 6 | 1 | 7 | 3 | 8 | 3 | 9 | 3 | 10 | 1 |
| 11 | 1 | 12 | 1 | 13 | 4 | 14 | 3 | 15 | 2 | 16 | 4 | 17 | 2 | 18 | 4 | 19 | 1 | 20 | 2 |
| 21 | 1 | 22 | 4 | 23 | 2 | 24 | 1 | 25 | 3 | | | | | | | | | | |
1) Which is Aquatic 2) That has Herkogamous flowers
3) Whose stamens are fused among themselves along their entire length
*4) that has Pendent inflorescence consisting of acropetally arranged sessile unisexual flowers
2. The pollen tube usually releases the male gametes into the following structures of Embryosac
1) Egg cell *2) Synergid 3) Antipodals 4) Central cell
3. Plant in which pollen tube enters into the ovule through integuments or Funiculus has
I. Parietal placentation II. Polysiphonous pollen grains
III. Campylotropous ovules
1) I and III 2) II and III *3) I and II 4) II alone
4. The growth of pollen tube towards the embryosac is best described as
1) Chemotaxy 2) Chemonasty *3) Chemotropism 4) Intercalary
5. The total number of Nuclei involved in double fertilization of Lilium is
1) 2 *2) 4 3) 5 4) 3
6. The following structures of flower are not completely shedded off after fertilization in the plants of Asteraceae
I. Corolla II. Calyx III. Gynoecium IV. Bracteoles
1) II and IV 2) III only 3) I, II, III *4) II and III
7. The common feature between the endosperm of Gymnosperms and Angiosperms is
1) Similar ploidy 2) Both are post fertilized products
3) Nourished by embryo *4) Nourishes the embryo
8. Match the following
| | Character of the plant | | Seed nature | | A | B | C | D |
| A) | Polyarch roots with multiple epidermis | i) | Perispermic | *1) | IV | V | II | III |
| B) | Pentarch roots | ii) | Endospermic | 2) | V | IV | I | III |
| C) | Stems with bicollateral vascular bundles | iii) | Arillate | 3) | IV | I | V | II |
| D) | Ovary with superficial placentation | iv) | Supressed endosperm growth | 4) | IV | V | I | III |
| | | v) | Caruncle | | | | | |
9. Study the following table and choose the correct combination
| | Plant | Character I | Character II |
| I) | Dolichos | Pollen prepotency | Exalbuminous seeds |
| Ii) | Cocos | Dicliny | Arillate seeds |
| Iii) | Piper nigrum | Perispermic | Endospermic |
| iv) | Podostemon | Double fertilization | Perispermic |
1) I and II 2) II and III 3) III and IV *4) I and III
10. [A]: Double fertilization was first discovered by Nawaschin
[R]: Nawaschin first observed the formation of diploid zygote due to Amphimixis
1) Both A and R are true and R is the correct explanation of A
2) Both A and R are true but R is not the correct explanation of A
*3) A is true but R is false 4) A is false but R is true
11. The third integument of the seed is formed from
1) outer integument of ovule 2) Inner integument of ovule
3) Between outer and inner integuments of ovule *4) Funiculus
12. Mace is morphologically
1) Outgrowth of outer integument 2) Outgrowth of Nucellar beak
*3) Integumentary outgrowth of Micropylar region 4) Outgrowth of Funiculus
13. [A]: Seeds of Capsella are non-endospermic
[R]: It shows Syngamy and Triple fusion
1) Both A and R are true and R is the correct explanation of A
*2) Both A and R are true but R is not the correct explanation of A
3) A is true but R is false 4) A is false but R is true
14. Soil water is not absorbed for seed germination in
1) Allium *2) Rhizophora 3) Pisum 4) Cocos
15. Arrange the following structures of Embryo of Maize seed in a sequence from one end other end with respect to their place or point of attachment on the Tigellum.
V. Radicle IV. Scutellum
1) I, III, II, V, IV, VI *2) V, IV, VI, III, I, II 3) II, I, IV, III, VI, V 4) V, IV, III, VI, I, II
16. Study the following table and choose the correct combination
| | Plant | Seed nature | Seed germination |
| I) | Pisum | Exalbuminous | Hypogeal |
| Ii) | Cucurbita | Albuminous | Epigeal |
| Iii) | Zea | Albuminous | Hypogeal |
| iv) | Dolichos | Exalbuminous | Hypogeal |
1) I and II *2) III and I 3) II and III 4) I and IV
17. Choose the correct statement
1) In all ovules the male gametophyte enters into the female gametophyte through posterior side
2) In all ovules, the male gametophyte enters into the ovule through anterior side
3) In few ovules, the pollen tube enters into the embryosac through lateral side.
*4) Chalazogamy and mesogamy are not seen in Gymnosperms.
18. Pollen tubes are less longer than the ovules in
1) Ottelia 2) Glycine *3) Gnetum 4) Gossypium
19. The term ‘seedling’ is applicable to
1) Embryo in the seed 2) Self sufficient young seed plant
*3) Juvenile plant of spermatophytes which is still dependent on food reserves of the seed for its growth.
4) Complete vegetative stage of a typical angiosperm.
20. Shield like structure of monocot embryo is
1) Coleoptile 2) Coleorhiza *3) Scutellum 4) Mesocotyle
21. The ratio between the number of maternal nuclei to paternal nuclei involved in double fertilization is
*1) 3 : 2 2) 2 : 3 3) 2 : 1 4) 1 : 2
22. Nucellus can nourish
I. Megaspore mother cell II. Embryosac III. Endosperm IV. Seedling
1) All except IV 2) I and II 3) only I *4) All
23. The region of tigellum present between the coleoptyle and cotyledons is called as
1) Plumule 2) Hypocotyl *3) Mesocotyl 4) Radicle
24. Match the following
| | Economically useful part | | Plant | | A | B | C | D |
| A) | Aril | i) | Coffee | 1) | II | IV | I | III |
| B) | Endosperm | ii) | Myristica | *2) | II | V | I | III |
| C) | Perisperm | iii) | Cicer | 3) | III | IV | II | V |
| D) | Cotyledons | iv) | Citrus | 4) | II | III | I | V |
| | | v) | Oryza | | | | | |
25. [A]: Caruncle is anterior in position in a seed
[R]: It is developed from micropyle
1) Both A and R are true and R is the correct explanation of A
2) Both A and R are true but R is not the correct explanation of A
*3) A is true but R is false 4) A is false but R is true
26. During epigeal germination, there is more elongation of
1) Epicotyle 2) Mesocotyl 3) Plumule *4) Hypocotyle
27. Arrange the following of transverse section of Myristica seed in centripetal manner.
I. Post fertilized structure formed from inner integument II. Third integument
III. Endosperm IV. Testa
*1) II, IV, I, III 2) II, I, IV, III 3) IV, I, II, III 4) IV, II, I, III
28. [A]: Vegetative fertilization takes place earlier to zygotic fertilisation
[R]: Male gamete of pollen tube establishes first contact with polar nuclei but not egg cell
1) Both A and R are true and R is the correct explanation of A
2) Both A and R are true but R is not the correct explanation of A
*3) A is true but R is false 4) A is false but R is true
29. Arrange the following in correct sequence of their emergence from seed during germination of paddy grain
1) II, I, III, IV 2) III, II, I, IV 3) II, III, IV, I *4) II, III, I, IV
30. Hypocotyle does not remain remain in the soil during seed germination of
I. Maize II. Pisum III. Cucurbita IV. Dolichos
1) I and II *2) III and IV 3) I and III 4) II and IV
31. [A]: Endosperm is not formed in Orchidaceae
[R]: Triple fusion is absent in orchids.
*1) Both A and R are true and R is the correct explanation of A
2) Both A and R are true but R is not the correct explanation of A
3) A is true but R is false 4) A is false but R is true
32. Modified roots seen in hydrophyte that has no development of endosperm is
1) Balancing roots 2) Respiratory roots *3) Photosynthetic roots 4) Floating roots
| 1 | 4 | 2 | 2 | 3 | 3 | 4 | 3 | 5 | 2 | 6 | 4 | 7 | 4 | 8 | 1 | 9 | 4 | 10 | 3 |
| 11 | 4 | 12 | 3 | 13 | 2 | 14 | 2 | 15 | 2 | 16 | 2 | 17 | 4 | 18 | 3 | 19 | 3 | 20 | 3 |
| 21 | 1 | 22 | 4 | 23 | 3 | 24 | 2 | 25 | 3 | 26 | 4 | 27 | 1 | 28 | 3 | 29 | 4 | 30 | 2 |
| 31 | 1 | 32 | 3 | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | |

No comments:
Post a Comment